Decided to delete an old blog started almost 8 years ago. Instead of deleting all posts, I will post many that were needed at different points of my life. Enjoy!
Originally posted September 25, 2011
Time to get back to my musical suggestions series after a couple random entries. ;-) Anybody who follows me on Twitter or knows me in general knows that I love Donnie Wahlberg's R&B Back Rub. It has become a tradition for me to listen to Cherrytree Radio every Friday and Sunday evenings to relax my mind, cause we all know with my anxiety, I need to calm the fuck down! So, what better way than to listen to music that moves me with the sweet nothings, and subliminal messages from Big Papa! I know I am not the only one who appreciates this show whether it's new or old episode! There's something sacred, deep, and moving about sharing this with Big Papa, and my Back Rub Gang. ;-)
16. Kool & The Gang: Whether you like new or old music, you will recognize a song or two from this band. In terms of the Back Rub, "Summer Madness" is the song that has become a sexy staple to the show multiple times! http://www.koolandthegang.com/
17. Art of Noise: I have heard them compared to the band Enigma, and I like it. They were popular in the 1980s, but I wish they were still around. I remember hearing this song when I was very, very, young, then what do you know, Big Papa added it to the Back Rub, I fucking love "Moments in Love". http://www.theartofnoiseonline.com/
18. Ready for the World: This band just spells smooth R&B. You know I love them, and their song "Love You Down"!! http://www.readyfortheworld.net/
19. Maxwell: How can I write a Back Rub themed blog without mentioned the smooth singing and stylings of this man? His cover of the Kate Bush song "This Woman's Work" has become a deep and meaningful song between us BH and Big Papa. Not to mention that this is on my list of the most beautiful songs ever! http://www.musze.com/
20. The Floaters: I can't NOT write a Back Rub themed blog without mentioning this group. They're one group from the 70s, who were the inspirations for the newer "boy band" type of groups we know and love today. I love the song "Float On", and to my surprise when the Back Rub began, so does Big Papa. Turns out this song was the inspiration for NKOTB's song "I Wanna Be Loved by You". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Floaters
I hoped you enjoyed my musical suggestion installment! My goal with my suggestions in general is to broaden your musical horizons whether you have heard of these artists before or not. Later for now!