Decided to delete an old blog started almost 8 years ago. Instead of deleting all posts, I will post many that were needed at different points of my life. Enjoy!
My recent posts have been about my life or my passion and disdain for a certain tour. Well, that tour is over for now. I must shift my focus to causes within the music realm. Get back to music if you will.
First of all, I would love to speak about my unofficial official title within the Blockhead community, International Blockhead Ambassador. The New Kids on the Block have done a great job touring North America in such tours as...reunion, Spring, Full Service, and Casi-NO tour (which included the 3 nights at Radio City Music Hall), and just recently the NKOTBSB tour. All of which have happened within the last 3 years. At the end of the reunion tour, they also did their part by touring in Mexico and heading over to Europe and the United Kingdom. All positive, and with this comes the networking that the internet and mediums such as forums, Facebook, blogs, Twitter, etc. with people from all over the world. The bond that us Blockheads have formed, and share is unlike any other, and has been a joy from personal experience. I know you are waiting for my point, here it is...as this journey with NKOTB continues, they need to continue what they began when they started as well as 3 years ago by touring or at the very least doing a show or two in areas they haven't toured yet. Despite the cancelled tour in Australia and New Zealand, they are patiently waiting as well as Blockheads in South America, Asia, and Japan. I hope I am not the only Blockhead native to the United States that feels this way. As we all have shared, the power of music and how it brings people together no matter, the gender, race, sexual orientation, language, and geographical boundary is quite powerful!
My next order of business is to share links to information about artists and groups that also exist in the world. Despite the New Kids on the Block being back in our lives, there is other music to enjoy! ;-)
1. The English Channel: Just check out their website and networking sites on their talent. You'll be amazed by the talent from this duo! http://www.theenglishchannel.net/ Please become a fan on their Facebook, follow their Tumblr and Twitter accounts as well!
2. Frankmusik: This British man is from the UK, and is a part of the Cherrytree Records family who currently has song collaborations with FarEastMovement and others. Please check him out here... http://www.frankmusik.com/ as well as the normal networking sites!
3. Sam Sparro: I have been a fan of this guy for a few years now. He has a great voice from his mentors in the business that we all respect. I love his self titled album Sam Sparro! Please do the same as above at http://www.samsparro.com/
4. Benny Benassi: I fucking love this guy! I fucking love dance, electronic, trance, etc music. I am sure you have heard his music in the past such as the song "Satisfaction". I know you have recently heard or should hear his collaboration with Chris Brown "Beautiful People". Yes, I know I am not a Chris Brown fan either, but I love this song! Please show your love http://www.bennybenassi.com/ !
5. Akcent: I should mention I come across music by listening and researching these days. I am a music junkie. With that said I came across this band when their single "Kylie" came on my dance radio station a few years ago. It's catchy, and these men are good looking. ;-) http://www.akcentonline.com/ The same routine with Twitter, Facebook, and You Tube.
I will continue my music suggestions 5 artists/groups at time on the next installment. This should be enough to expand your musical horizons for a bit! Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment here!